Making a separate post of this because IT’S NOT TRUE, NOOO, STAWP SPREADING ITTTT.
Don’t mean to hijack a post to say NO U R WRONG but I keep seeing this post and that’s not what the song is about.
It’s calling the MEN the dogs because they’re running around panting and woofing at women.
“I heard a woman shout out—who let the dogs out?”
Then we see women as dog-catchers.
And a dog jumping up trying to get on a lady.
“Get back cruffy, back scruffy,
Get back you flea infested mongrel”
Is meant to be a woman telling a dog (a guy) to leave her alone.
Then there’s “to any girls callin’ them canine”. Clearly the women are calling the men dogs here.
“Say, a doggy is nuttin’ if he don’ have a bone” HE. Doggy is nuttin’ if HE.
“Well, if I am a dog, the party is on
I gotta get my groove ‘cause my mind done gone”
Dude’s acknowledging that he may be one of those guys at parties/clubs.
“Me and my white short shorts
And I can’t see color, any color will do
I’ll stick on you, that’s why they call me ‘Pit bull’”
He can’t see color, HE is the dog.
So don’t be crushed. It’s a song about guys acknowledging that other guys can be brazen and annoying when hitting on women when they just wanna have a ball at the club and dance.
OH THANK GOODNESS
did the baha-men really make a hit song addressing the harassment of women?
well check y’all out
- "Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn."
- "I’ve got a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore."
- "Go ahead, make my day."
- "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
- "Show me the money!"
- "You can’t handle the truth!"
- "Round up the usual suspects."
- "I’ll have what she’s having."
- "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.
- "You’re gonna need a bigger boat."
- "I see dead people."
- "It’s alive! It’s alive!"
- "Houston, we have a problem."
- "You’ve got to ask yourself one question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ Well, do ya, punk?"
- "You had me at ‘hello.’"
- "Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape."
- "Here’s Johnny!"
- "Hasta la vista, baby."
- "Toga! Toga!"
- "I’m king of the world!"
- "You’re trying to seduce me. Aren’t you?"
- “No. I am your father.”
- “What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
- “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.”
There’s… something about Mary…
Everyone’s worried about Mary affecting the show or Johnlock ship, and all I’m thinking is: Aww yiss. Threesomes.
Side note- If you are one of the few who think threatening an actress is AT ALL acceptable behavior: Unfollow me. Do it. Here it is.
When you’re not in the fandom but you still get the reference